Oracle*HR (Human Resources)
The Human Resources application covers the most
valuable of CERN resources: people.
Management of people at CERN includes: the administrative
management of people and the qualitative management of people.
Oracle*HR is now becoming the unique entry point for registering people
and has already gathered more than 11 databases giving therefore more
consistency and avoiding multiple data entry.
The currently used version of Oracle HR is E-Business Suite R12 with the applet based
web user interface.
Note that only central services (Records Office, Users Office, Registration Office, FP etc) have access to Oracle HR interface. Other
potential users should use either HRT or EDH HR Admin aka PIE/PAD (see table below). These
CERN-made applications use a specific user interface to access Oracle
Given the upper table and if you need access to Oracle HR 11i please
follow the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).
Oracle HR is only supported on Windows 7/8 and Internet Explorer 10.
Other combination of OS / Browser might work but are NOT supported. A supported configuration is always accessible through Windows Terminal Services.
Oracle*HR major functions are:
Oracle HR registers the following types of persons:
- Personal information management
- Assignments (contract) management
- Payroll elements management
- Absence entitlement management
- Career management
- Management of official documents, access rights, etc...
- Structures management (divisions, experiments) etc.
- (Recruitment management) - replaced by e-RT since 2004
- CERN staff and their families
- CERN users
- External firm staff
- External persons needing services (access, computer accounts etc.)
- Pre-registered persons from PRT and e-RT
Dependencies: data sources and client applications
on the picture on the left to get a more precise image of AIS applications
Apart from manual entry made by specialized services, ORACLE*HR gets
its data from:
Oracle HR is the source for many other AIS applications and databases:
- EDH (Electronic Document Handling)
for overtime information, hours worked (weekly reports), leave information...
- e-RT: the electronic Recruitment Toolkit provides all the personal
information about candidates who have applied at CERN
- HR Access: the payroll computes
and transfer to HR the absence entitlement figures monthly
- Foundation: through this
central repository, HR gets the financial structures, email addresses
etc. from other systems
- HRT: provides a user friendly
interface for retrieving and consolidating HR data stored in Oracle*HR.
- Foundation: HR provides
all human resources data to Foundation as well as organization and experiments
structures. These data are then used by many other applications (CCDB,
Phonebook, EDH, ORIAC, SIRIAC) from Foundation
- AVCL: the Advance and Claims application
gets all personal data from Oracle*HR
- HR Access: the payroll
is caculated monthly based on HR data
- PIE: the experiments specific
user interface to Oracle*HR
- PAD: the divisional specific
user interface to Oracle*HR
- CTA: the CERN Training Application
used by Education Services.