Giovanni Chierico graduated in Electrical
Engineering at the University of
Padova (Italy), with a thesis
on satellite telecommunication (Joint Phase and Timing Recovery in a Digital Video Broadcast - Satellite System).
He currently holds a staff position at CERN, in the IT-AIS-HR (Human
Resources Management) section, developing and supporting J2EE and Oracle
based applications. He previously worked at the San
Diego Supercomputer Center (CGI/Perl/Unix), has been a consultant
on .NET technologies with Accenture
and developed Linux based web applications.
During Oracle OpenWorld 2006 in San Francisco he presented the session: "CERN: Building Real-World solutions with Oracle Application Express"
together with Joel Kallman. Giovanni is a certified Oracle PL/SQL 10g developer
- GAD [Génération Automatisée de Documents]. Project
- Oracle HR second line support
- Oracle OnDemand. Responsible for the migration of 10 years of customizations to standard supported procedures and APIs
- CTA [Core Training Application] and Training Catalog.
- Business Objects Managment
- Various smaller projects
- AisMedia: Picture management, custom doc imports, ...
- Oracle HR interfaces to the AIS environment (EDH DCSF Declarations, ...)
- AisReminders: framework to send period reminders (e.g. expiring declarations, key return, ...)
- Supervised on various projects:
If you're brave enough you can take a look at my analysis
of the effects of different guitar tunings on common jazz chords!