Application Main Menu
Whenever you access one of the applications, you will arrive at the Main Menu .
To get more information about the report themselves, please read about
The Elements of the Main Menu
The top row of the main menu consists of:
The central part of the screen is divided into two columns:
- Main Menu containing:
- List of the reports in the currently selected category (e.g. 'Contracts')
The bottom row of the window groups several useful tools:
Application Status Bar
Modifications made to data in CERN systems are not visible in the Application until the day after the modifications have been entered. The Application shows you a picture of the reality which is up-to-date within 24 hours (i.e. a photograph of CERN's personnel and financial situation taken yesterday). The Status Bar in the main menu always shows the "Date of last data extraction" of the database. If this date equals today's date, the data in the Application is up to date. If, for any reasons, problems were encountered during the last nightly extraction, then the field shows the date of the last successful extraction.
In the ,
you can customise look & feel of your session.
The preferences let you customise:
- Font size used to display report forms and results, you have a choice of three sizes.
- Number format by selecting or not the grouping commas and the number of decimal places.
- Date format by selecting the date separator. However, note that you must choose the separator appropriate to your locale settings to enable MS Excel to properly interpret the dates in the report output. This is an issue when using 'Excel' output option.
- It allows you to switch on/off the automatic display of help panels
when moving the mouse over search fields in a report.
gives the possibility to view information about your current session. The
Session Information includes:
- login name of the current user
- full name and organisational unit of the current user
- current user's access rights
option provides you with the latest information concerning the Application.
Important information concerning the Application is always published
in the News application. If a user has an unread news item, the News
application will automatically start up when he logs in to the Application.
However, the news list can be accessed at any time by the 'News' link.
Individual messages can be retrieved by clicking on the link of the news
How can I get to this menu?
There are several ways - up to you to choose your
- from the AIS web site (http://ais.cern.ch) click on
the 'applications' link, then click on the CET icon
- from the CERN user's home page, click on Administration, then on the CERN Expenditure Tracking
- type 'cet' in the address field of your browser (or cet.cern.ch if you are outside
- add a bookmark to http://cet.cern.ch